Deputy Head HousekeeperClosing Date: 30th Apr 2021 Type: Full Time
Deputy Head Housekeeper role for Large Manor House in Wirral
The Property: Thornton Manor Estate is Cheshire and Wirral’s leading Wedding and Corporate Business Venue. Thornton Manor is an exclusive Grade II listed Manor House with 23 bedrooms and three permanent marquees with a capacity from 20 – 1000+. The 120-acre site also accommodates 14 luxury cottages. You should have previous hotel housekeeping experience, an eye for detail, high levels of customer service and have previous experience in a supervisory role. You will report directly to the Head Housekeeper and share responsibility for co-ordinating and working within the Housekeeping team.
Your role will include supervising staff and also includes housekeeping duties within the house and cottage accommodation. The primary function will be to maintain accommodation to a high standard and to ensure the maximum enjoyment of the guests. This is a hands-on role that needs someone who is flexible and who can work as part of a team.
• Deputising and overseeing the smooth running of the housekeeping department in the absence of the Head Housekeeper.
• Co-manage efficiently all budgets relating to the housekeeping department, including stock management and control.
• Working closely with the maintenance department to ensure snagging is eliminated and all lodges are of the highest operational standards
• Maintaining a positive attitude and excellent communication within your team and with other department heads.
• Proactively encourage team productivity and best practice whilst ensuring Health and Safety and COSHH standards are being met.
• To actively promote best practices in a manner that facilitates the health and safety and wellbeing of our staff and guests.
• Support the Head to achieve correct staffing levels in line with business demands and budgets.
• Maintaining staff discipline, behavior, and standards at all times
• Completing and updating all relevant risk assessments and COSHH assessments
• Being a key member of the management team and supporting the General Manager and Managing Director in maintaining standards and driving the brand culture.
• Using initiative and have a forward-thinking approach to operations and developments.
Candidates will need to be highly organised and have a passion for working in the hospitality industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Full Clean Driving Licence Essential
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please email your application with CV & cover letter to Diannesimpson@thorntonmanor.co.uk
Please call 07793 209868 to apply.